Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that is concerned with the study and treatment of malocclusions (improper bites), which may be a result of tooth irregularity, disproportionate jaw relationships, or both. Orthodontic treatment can focus on dental displacement only, or can deal with the control and modification of facial growth. In the latter case it is better defined as “Dentofacial Orthopedics”. Orthodontic treatment can be carried out for purely aesthetic reasons with regards to improving the general appearance of patients’ teeth. However, it works on reconstructing the entire face rather than focusing exclusively on teeth.
|1||Dr. Sharath Kumar Shetty||Prof. & HOD|
|2||Dr. Maheshkumar Y.||Professor|
|3||Dr. Jacob John||Professor|
|4||Dr. Kiran Kumar C.||Reader|
|5||Dr. Vandana Solanki||Reader|
|6||Dr. Prince K Chacko||Reader|
|7||Dr. Naveenkumar C.||Reader|
|8||Dr. Sushma Rani||Reader|
|9||Dr. Vijayananda Kumara M.||Reader|
|10||Dr. Krithika M.J.||Reader|
|11||Dr. Subhashini S.||Reader|
|12||Dr. Kiran Kumar H.K.||Reader|
|13||Dr. Brigit Alphonsa Gervasis||Sr. Lecturer|
|14||Dr. Ramya Sharada B||Sr. Lecturer|
|15||Dr. Revanth S. Soonthodu||Sr. Lecturer|
|16||Dr. Fernandes Kamyapallavi Jayanth||Sr. Lecturer|
- Multi equipped and well furnished department with more than 50 dental chairs
- Separate UG & PG sections with individual desks
- PG library
- PG common room
- Ceph tracing room
- AC Seminar hall
- Photographic room
- Record room
- VIP clinic
- ICT with Wifi
- Access to e- library
- Diagnostic softwares
- Separate UG and PG sections with individual dental chairs & cabinets
- PG common room with Wifi
- Full fledged record room with well designed cupboards
- VIP clinic – high tech dental chair with all attachments
- Well designed sterlization room with all sterilising equipments like digital autoclave , digital hot air oven
- Separate UG& PG well equiped laboratory facilities with all the modern equipments facilities like biostar , hydrosolder , electro-polisher etc .
- Well designed HOD room, professor room, staff room, reception room. Reception area well equiped with computers connected with LAN & softwares for patients records
- General secretary, Karnataka state of international humans rights
- President – madilu seva trust
- Present elect – IDA (sullia branch)
- Dr Vijayananda Kumar received the Dr Jyothindra Kumar APOS Trends Award for Best Original Research Award for the year 2013-14
- Dr Jacob John became a member of the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburg) in the year 2015.
- Dr Smitha P L secured 1st Rank in Post graduate examinations conducted by the RGUHS in May 2012.
- Dr Prithesh Ghanna secured 4th Rank in Post graduate examinations conducted by the RGUHS in May 2012.
- Dr Anshul Srivastava secured 2nd place in Paper Presentation held as part of the 17th IOS PG Students Convention at Mangalore in March 2013.
- Dr Lyn Kurian secured 1st place in paper presentation at 42nd Karnataka State Dental Conference conducted on November 2014 at Madikeri.
- Dr Fauzan Zaheer secured 1st place place in paper presentation at 43rd Karnataka State Dental Conference conducted on November 2015 at BC Road .
- Dr Noumira Abdulla secured 4th rank in post graduate examinations conducted by the RGUHS in May 2014
- Dr Ashitesh Kumar secured 7th rank in post graduate examinations conducted by the RGUHS in May 2014.
- Dr Ramya Sharada secured 1st rank in post graduate diploma examinations conducted by the RGUHS in May 2014.
- Dr Ankita Rai secured Rank in Under graduate examinations conducted by the RGUHS in June
- Dr Geethu George secured the 4th Rank in Under graduate examinations conducted by the RGUHS in June
- Dento facial growth modification
- Interception of oral habits
- Interception of developing malocclusion
- Fixed and removable appliance
- Orthodontic trainers
- Fixed and removable appliance for correction of irregularity of teeth Different variety of treatment includes
- Metalic brackets
- Tooth coloured brackets
- Invisible braces
- Lingual orthodontics
- Clear aligners
- Cosmetic facial surgery
- CDE conducted on 10th March 2010 , at KVG Dental college , Sullia .The guest speaker Dr Nikhilesh Vaid spoke on “ Contemporary Orthodontics – Adding Miles to Smiles ”.
- CDE conducted on 2nd September 2016 , at KVG Dental college , Sullia .The guest speaker Dr Siddharth Shetty spoke on “ Restoring Smiles “ .
- CDE conducted on 9th September 2016 , at KVG Dental college , Sullia .The guest speaker Dr N S Shetty spoke on “ Nutrition and Health “ .
- Workshop on Personality development on 14th march 2017 , at KVG Dental college , Sullia The guest speaker Mrs Poornima Bhat
- Workshop on LINGUAL course on 19 april 2017 , at KVG Dental college , Sullia The guest speaker Dr Pravin Shetty
- CDE conducted on Research funding on 4th april 2017 at KVG Dental college , Sullia The guest speaker Dr Shiva Kumar H R